Chicken is one of the healthiest and most popular dishes all over the world. It is consumed all over the world and is cooked in different ways in varying parts of the world. If you want to cook chicken for your family dinner, then there are numerous recipes that you can follow, but one of the most scrumptious ones is the Amritsari Chicken Masala. If you want to learn about it more, then you can read the following paragraphs.
Amritsari Chicken Masala
When it comes to chicken recipes, nothing can beat a classic Punjabi chicken recipe, such as the Amritsari Chicken Masala. It is a traditional Punjabi dish which is popular all over the world. It basically involves thick gravy along with some diced tomatoes, butter, and pure cream. If you are looking for a chicken dish for dinner, then there is no better option.
It is quite easy to prepare to require only a few ingredients that are easily available in your nearest market. The recipe for this chicken dish has three stages; carination of chicken, preparation of gravy, and then mixing them both. Some following are the steps that you need to follow to prepare this delicious chicken recipe for dinner.
Step 1 – Marinate the chicken.
- The first most crucial step is to marinate the chicken pieces.
- You need a big bowl so that you can add all the chicken pieces in it and marinate them.
- To being the marination, you need to add some turmeric powder to the chicken along with some yogurt, salt, and the special Amritsari Garam Masala powder.
- Once you have added all the required spices and powders to the chicken, now you need to mix them well with your hands and then marinate them for at least 30 minutes.
- It will make the chicken absorb all the necessary flavors, which will enhance its taste a lot.
- You can add a few other things, too, such as ginger garlic paste, cumin powder, red chili powder, onion, etc. according to choice and preference.
Step 2 – Prepare the gravy
- Gravy is the most important part of Amritsari Chicken Masala, and for that first, you need to heat a pan at medium flame and then add some butter and red chili powder in it.
- Then you need to sauté the pan so that the butter and chili powder mix well with each other.
- Now you can add some onions and cook them for a couple of minutes so that the rawness of onions has vanished.
- Now you can add salt and turmeric powder to the mixture and cook them for a few seconds.
- Now you need to add tomato puree to the pan and add a pinch of salt in it. You must bring the puree to boil and then stir it.
Step 3 – Add the chicken
- Now comes the final part of the recipe that it is adding the marinated chicken pieces to the gravy.
- Once you have added the chicken to the pan, you must cover it with a lid and cook it for at least 30-40 minutes, and your recipe is ready.